Sunday, January 05, 2014

Happy New Year!

It's a new year, the Gift-Giving crafting is over and now I'm back to daisies!

http://krochetkrystal.blogspot.com/2012/08/daisy-afghans-done.html

Remember this post?  A year and a half ago, I finished the crocheting on this afghan (the second one, with the two pink rows of border).  Here's my dirty little secret:  I hate weaving ends.    I love the colors, the planning, the crafting, but when the daisies get to the stage of needing ends woven, I stall. 

I have learned since then that I *must* weave as I go, because otherwise, what happens is this:  It sits and sits and sits.  My New Year's Resolution is to take the projects I have *this close* to finishing and get them done.  Out the door. 

So tonight, I sat and weaved some ends (while helping my high schooler study Ancient India and China.  Oh joy!) and I am happy to say that the afghan is ready to be washed and taken to the hospital.

And, since I didn't post it before, here are the places the squares came from:
  • Thomasboro, IL
  • Portland, OR
  • Stockton, UT
  • Hayward, CA
  • Barrhead, Alberta Canada
  • Valley, WA
  • Cheyenne, OK
  • Glendale, AZ
  • Pleasant Grove, UT
  • Victoria, Australia
  • Chesapeake, VA
  • Kentwood, LA
  • South Fork, PA
  • Westminster, CO
  • Simpsonville, SC
  • Saint Gabriel, LA
  • Phoenix, AZ
  • Stockton, UT
  • Ontario, Canada
  • Bradenton, FL
  • Plainsboro, NJ
  • Gonzales, LA
  • Coimbra, Portugal
  • Pikeville, NC
  • Benalla, Victoria, Australia
  • Zimbabwe
  • Tucson, AZ

No comments:

Followers - Become a follower to keep up on the latest posts!